Friday, May 7, 2010

The Gift of Chicken

The other day I got a present....it was two packages of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere.....anyway.....it got me thinking about the past 6 months or so and these are my thoughts.

I really wondered if I was crazy to switch from tutoring to watching Jeremy. After all, Huntington paid better than Jawanio - at least on paper anyways. I would also be traveling further, and more often, as well as working longer hours. The irony was that, at the time, I was trying to simplify my life.

God had other plans though. Plans to prosper and not harm me. I still feel stressed out and tired after dealing with Jeremy's temper tantrums, but he's far less demanding than dealing with trying to help a child learn, answer other teachers' questions (and believe me, teachers can ask some downright silly questions, if you ask me), and answer the phones while trying to maintain some semblance of sanity. Most days I get to enjoy a cup of coffee as well as choose from a variety of snacks to eat during the afternoon. Some days I get to take a nap or read a book while waiting for Jeremy during this appointments (3 days a week). I get to be outside on nice days and play baseball with him (as well as work on my tan....ok, sunburn) or watch t.v./movies with him on rainy days.

I also couldn't ask for a more generous boss. Sure we may disagree some days on discipline procedures, but she makes sure I work as close to 12 hours a week for Jawanio and she pays me off the bookos for anyday I stay after 5:45pm - which is everyday. One day she gave me a box of Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies....another day her mother brought over a box of Colgate toothpaste samples...and no the two are not necessarily related. A few days ago she gave me 2 packages of chicken breasts that she picked up for me because they were on sale and she plans to continue to buy me meat whenever it is on sale....including hamburger meat! Um, yeah, it's been a while considering how excited I am over that prospect.

There is no doubt in my mind that working with Jeremy is really God's best for me at this particular moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment