Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Hard Days

I had three really good weeks for which I am very thankful for, but today is one of the hard days. One of those days where I wonder how much longer I can take the pain before (1) either calling in my refill of steriods or (2) begging to be taken to the ER for pain meds. I'm thinking it's simplier to just call in the refill, though I know that's not instantaneous relief. The thing is it hasn't even been 24 hours of pain yet and already I'm thinking these thoughts.

Perhaps it's because I know that the Tylenol I've been constantly taking won't help and I know that the pain is going to get far worse by the end of the day. Right now it's manageable because I'm sitting supported...throw in a full day of teaching followed by a boy who will ask me as soon as he gets off the bus "Can we go to the park and play baseball?" and my chances of having a good attitude about this will most likely go downhill. I could always tell Jeremy that we can't play baseball today and then deal with the inevitable temper tantrum. He's still learning about manging his emotions when things happen that are outside his control. Come to think of it...so am I.

This is what I'm clinging to at the moment: "I am suffering and in pain. Rescue me, O God, by your saving power. Then I will praise God's name with singing, and I will honor him with thanksgiving. For this will please the Lord more than sacrificing cattle, more than presenting a bull with its horns and hooves. The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help be encouraged. For the Lord hears the cries of the needy; he does not despise his imprisoned people." Psalm 69:29-36

No comments:

Post a Comment