Saturday, April 28, 2012

A "Typical" Day/Week

I really enjoyed reading Steph's post on indiansandpirates about how she spent her day so I thought I'd try to give my reader's a glimpse into my life as well.  Weekday mornings my routine stays pretty much the same.

5:50am - My radio turns on and I register that I'm listening to the news.  I try to wake my mind up enough so that I can listen to what the weather will be.  Most days it's a lost cause :).

6:05 - My cell phone alarm rings.  I shut it off and tell myself I need to get up now.

6:08 - My body agrees with my mind and I get out of bed :).  I proceed to take a shower, praying that the hot water will stay on as this isn't a guarantee.  For some strange reason I find that there is more hot water when the weather is warmer and less when the weather is colder.  Go figure.

7:00 - I start boiling water for oatmeal and pour a cup of coffee.  I sit down to read devotions, followed by catching up with the world of fb, reading interesting articles in the Journal News (online edition), and checking the weather and email.

7:35 - Put on makeup, put breakfast away, do some dishes, pack lunch for school, feed the cats, fill up my thermos with coffee, clean out the cats litter box, make sure I have everything ready for the day.

8:15 - Leave for school

8:40ish - Arrive at school

8:40 - 12:30: Usually the students start off in 3 groups of reading and writing activities and I work with one group.  There are rotations of the groups and we combine with the kindergarten self contatined class @11am.  At 12pm we take the kids outside for recess.

12:30 - My lunch break.  I either sit in my car and read or make phone calls or I get some errands done.

1:15 - Go back to school.  The kids are now working in math centers.  At 2pm they have snack and at 2:30 we go to special (gym, art, or music).

3:15 - I leave school.

Here's where everything kind of changes.

On some Mondays I stay in school until 4:30 for meetings.  Otherwise I go straight to the chiropractors and then I'm free for the evening to do whatever.  I LOVE these days!

TUES/WED/THURS - I pick Jeremy up from his after school program at 3:45.  I get hime home by 4pm.  He takes the dog out and I get his snack, meds, and my coffee ready.  As I side note: I LOVE that his parents own a kurig and I can make as much coffee as I want and eat whatever I find in the pantry.  We either have tennis, counseling (a 30-40min one way commute), or OT/social group (a 20-25 min one way commute). 

TUES - Leave Jeremy's house @6:30.  Sometime's I go to dinner at my friend's Nancy's house.  Othertimes I go to a 7pm movie with Ray, and sometimes I get this night to myself.

WED - Leave Jeremy's house @7pm.   Usually I'm free after this point.

THURS - Leave Jeremy's house @7:15pm, try to make it to small group by 7:30ish.  Group can last until 9 or 9:30pm.

FRI - Go to the chiropractor's by 3:45 and I have the night FREE!!!!  Woo Hoo!!

7:30 is usually when I start making dinner and I'm eating by 8pm.  If I have any errands to run after leaving Jeremy's then dinner is obviously later.  After 8:30 I'm usually spending some time on the computer, washing dishes, starting lunch prep for the next day, making sure the coffee maker is ready to go for the next morning.  Every now and then I can get into bed @10:30pm, but usually I'm in bed between 11 and 11:30pm.  Tues nights and Thurs night tend to be nights that I make it to bed between 12 and 12:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment