Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Irony of Ice

It's an understatement to say that I'm not a big fan of cold weather, or anything cold for that matter. I don't even like ice cubes in my water. So it really isn't suprising that I don't like ice storms. Especially when I'm the one shoveling the ice.

The other day we had one of those rare snow days in which my landlords left for work before the storm finished without touching the driveway. This wouldn't have been horrible if I hadn't needed to go out later to watch Jeremy (who's mom later called me as I was almost to the house to cancel...the best laid plans, right?). Anyway, in order to even get to my car without falling I needed to shovel. And shovel I did....almost the whole driveway in fact. I have to admit, I was kind of proud of myself. After all, last winter I could barely function in this sort of weather, let alone shovel it.

Then I woke up yeterday. With pain from my neck all the way down to my knees. The brunt of the pain was in my hips. An emergency appointment with my chiropractor was scheduled. His diagnosis? My lower back was seriously inflammed. Treatment? Ice...yes, the very thing that caused all the pain to begin with ended up being my treatment. Go figure. I still have a great deal of pain in my neck and shoulders today, but my lower back and hips are doing so much better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment