Thursday, January 13, 2011

I long for a definition
black and white
concrete
rules that govern
every circumstance.

I feel constricted by these rules though;
confined
suffocated
looking for loopholes

Life seems more grey than black and white;
circumstances and feelings change from day to day.
Walls are meant to keep out,
boundaries enforced to protect
but are these boundaries rigid or malleable?

How much can I let down my guard
without getting hurt
or giving false impressions?
Does changing the lines
result in confusion
or freedom?

I strive for perfection,
a consistency in what I do and say.
Keeping a perfect balance;
endless harmony.

Reality sets in however.
I'm bound to make mistakes,
give wrong impressions,
change the lines
or even cross over them.

Through it all You are with me
though I sometimes strive to hear Your voice.
The path may be faint
but I know it is the one You have for me.
And should I stray
You'll guide me back.
For You know the desires of my heart;
having my best interest in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment