Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Surrender

Fingers clutch the pearl white box
refusing to let it go.
Hopes, dreams, desires
precious jewels of a perfect future
stored in a fragile container.

I'll let you take a peek of course
give you a glimpse of the beauty inside.
But it's mine
no one else's.
If I let it go it might get damaged
maybe even completely shattered
or worse
you might take it from me,
leaving me empty handed.

You desperately yearn for my alabaster box
slowly and gently you reach for my hand.
You don't seize
but lovingly you wrap yourself around me.
My fingers tremble
I look away from my box
into your eyes.
My grip loosens,
then tightens,
a power struggle of emotions ensues
until I relinquish control
and let go.

I watch as my box falls and shatters.
My treasure lies scattered on the floor.
Tears spring forth
as you pick up the pieces
and set them aside.
I stare in wonder
as you show me your
hopes, dreams, and desires for me.
Riches beyong my imagination.

I thought I held a treasure
but yours is so much more
too much for my hands to hold.
So with empty hands I surrender
and let you fill me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment