Friday, September 24, 2010

Reflections of my Week

Praises:

1) That somehow I've made it through this week :)
2) On Monday Jack (2nd grader who is mute and bites) came off the bus in a horrible mood. I kept praying and asking God for His peace in the classroom and especially in Jack. With the exception of the first 1/2 hr, the rest of the day everyone was commenting on how good Jack was behaving. It was an amazing answer to prayer.
3) Jeremy transitioned well each day this week! This is great since he goes through 2 transitions in a short period of time. On Tues I literally come to his house, call in, grab snack, and get him in the car to drive to an appointment 45 min away. Jeremy was extremely cooperative and we made it to his appointment on-time (another answer to prayer).
4) I haven't seen any treatment of my students that seem borderline abusive. Previously I had seen the teacher force-feed a student to the point where he was crying, gagging, and begging her to stop.
5) The teacher I work with seems to be happier in general and also seems to have started actually respecting me.
6) I haven't had any migraines this week!

Requests:

1) That Jack would learn how to speak.
2) That the teachers in the classroom would continue to work as a team.
3) That I would not get sick from those students who have started developing colds this week.
4) That not only would Jeremy continue to transition well but that he would be able to complete all of his hw with his first babysitter (this is a goal of his mom's).
5) That I would continue to be able to schedule chiropractor appointments since I really don't have any time to schedule things between 8am and 7pm most days.
6) Wisdom in how I handle discipline with all of my kids.
7) This week was hard on me emotionally because I started beating myself up for everything that I perceived that I was doing wrong. Please pray that I would learn to be a little easier on myself and not feel guilty about everything all of the time.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be lifting up your requests Carol. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I like the new look of your blog:)

    ReplyDelete