Saturday, March 14, 2015

Delphinium

Several weeks ago I was thinking about having a word to define this year.  Not just any word, but a word given to me by God.  I thought and thought, but nothing was striking me as particularly significant.  Then I asked God what word He wanted to give me (yeah, I probably should have done that first).  The next word that popped into my head was Delphinium.  Now, if you asked me to name my favorite flower it would be hyacinth.  The Delphinium was definitely not one on my radar!

So, I went online and looked up flower meaning.  Guess what the meaning of the Delphinium is...it is a symbol of infinite possibility and believing that anything is possible.  According to the symbolism page I should keep stretching my current beliefs and keep reaching for the stars, one baby step at a time.  This is exactly how I feel about my faith at the moment.  I know quite a bit about God and I've been through alot with God, but I'm at a point where I need to start believing that God wants to make the seemingly impossible in my life, possible.  After all, didn't Jesus say to his disciples that if they had faith as small as a mustard seed that they could move mountains?  I certainly have a few mountains that need moving and I'm praying that my small seed of faith will be enough for God.

Now that the weather is finally starting to warm up and the snow is melting, I'm beginning to think about planting a garden.  I brought several different kinds of seeds and a seed tray.  Guess which flower got added to my garden?  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment