Sunday, March 1, 2015

A Tour of my House

This blog has taken me a long time and the formatting still isn't how I wanted it.  Not only that but a lot of improvements have been made since I've taken these pictures, but at least it gives you a glimpse as to what our new home looks like.

This is the view when you enter the front door.

And this is the view looking down from the kitchen.  Ray added the coat rack on the wall.  Since this picture was taken he's also added a small shelf near the door for coffee, keys, and mail.



So the kitchen is a bit outdated, but it works for now.  There's not a whole lot of counter space so Ray bought me a baking rack and then built the additional counter/shelves for storage.  If we're blessed to one day actually own this house one of the first projects will be to completely renovate this kitchen.  
This was a free dining room table that Ray's parents' neighbor was throwing up.  It had been a much lighter color.  Ray cleaned it up, stained it, and poly-urithaned it.  The china closet was a gift from one of our pastors.


The living room.  The futon separates the living room from the dining room.
The hallway.  We have a coat closet, a bathroom, a linen closet, and 3 bedrooms.  

The bedroom on the right is supposed to function as my writing room, or maybe, hopefully, nursery?  Currently it's where I dump all of my stuff...there will not be any pictures until there's something worth showing :).

Straight ahead is the guest room
   
On the left is our bedroom.
with an adjoining bathroom.

Here's the best part....the theater downstairs!

The space behind the screen is going to be used as an ironing/folding laundry/storage area.  It looks better now than when I took the picture, but it's still not functional.  Ray has since added light blocking curtains to the sliding glass door, a second shelf to his command unit behind the couch, a card table where all the stuff was by the sliding glass door, and a carpet in front of the couch.  Finishing include cleaning up the laundry area and adding movie poster (of course!).  Oh, and there's a half bath and storage closet down here.

I didn't take any pictures of the laundry room, Ray's workroom, or the garage.  Can I just say how much I love not having to haul my laundry out in all sorts of weather and collect quarters for the laundromat!  

This last picture is of our backyard....which is covered with snow....and is part of a large mountain.  I really, really, want to plant flowers, a fig tree, and vegetables.  Ray wants a fire pit and a hammock.  We'll have to see what happens in the spring!


3 comments: