Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Horizon Question


I absolutely love the ocean. Nothing speaks to me of God's awesomeness, power, and strength better than watching the waves crash upon the shore. I spent this past weekend in Cape May, NJ for a women's retreat. The room where we stayed at had a direct view of the ocean. There were a couple of times during the weekend where I remember sitting on the couch looking out at the ocean....staring at the horizon to see what was just beyond. It was almost hypnotic.


During one of the talks our speaker gave, she asked us to leave thinking about a time we could remember God meeting us. For the life of me I still cannot remember the exact wording she used, but in my mind I will forever remember it as "The Horizon Question" because the horizon is the place where the sky meets the sea.


My desire is to have future posts describing "Horizon Moments" in my life....those times where there is no doubt in my mind that God and I have had some sort of encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment