Saturday, February 11, 2017

Snapshots of My Life

It's been 5 months since I've posted, so just in case you're wondering here's a brief update on my life:

October: Ray and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary (though we both feel sure we've been married far longer) in Tannersville, PA.  I'm all about not going far and finding a cheap hotel with an indoor pool.  It's also near Bushkill Falls and the Delaware Water Gap so we got to do some hiking as well as shooting.  Yes, I shot a gun for the first time and according to my instructor I'm "a natural". Yes, beware.....I have amazing aim....as long as my target can stand still for 5 minutes cause that's about how long it takes me to focus and shoot.

November: Lots of assessments being done on the students, so my days were busy with those.  Also, who decided scheduling three nights of parent-teacher conferences the week of Thanksgiving was a good idea?  Not that I can complain cause when you're leaving the building at 7:30pm Thanksgiving Eve traffic is amazingly nonexistent.

December: Ray started working a job which required us to leave the house no later than 5:30am and I was still just barely making it to work by 7:30am.  Did I mention this was a 12 hour a day job?  We ate lots of crock-pot meals.  After a month of this we decided hosting Christmas was a good idea.  Honestly, I figured it was the only way to get my parents to come up and see us.  Turns out my dad got sick and they didn't make it anyway.

January/February: Speaking of my dad getting sick....January 2nd I got a text from my mom "Dad is going to the ER.  Ambulance on the way". Um, what?!?  Turns out his "cold" was really pneumonia that should have been treated weeks ago.  The ambulance had to come because there was so much fluid building in his lungs that he couldn't get up and walk.  He spent 2 weeks in the hospital and was sent home with oxygen tanks.  At the same time my mom also came down with pneumonia and I ended up having to go to Staten Island and force her to go to the doctor.  This was no small feat, let me tell you, as she's incredibly stubborn.  My dad spent a week and a half or so at home until he had a follow up appointment.  While at the appointment the doctor took a look at some results and called another ambulance to take my dad back to the ER.  My dad is currently still at the hospital, although he thinks he'll go home soon, but doctors aren't sure why his lungs keep filling up with fluid.  The one thing everyone can agree on is that my dad needs heart surgery to replace his mitral valve.  This will be done at NYU.  My mom is hoping they can do it when I have off in two weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, sharp-shooter Carol, you have had quite a few months! Praying for your dad!

    ReplyDelete