Saturday, October 20, 2012

Notable News

It's been a month since my last post because, quite honestly, I've been too tired to construct sentences.  I'm not even sure how to describe my life right now - it's far from dull, that's for sure!  Yesterday we had a ton of rain, which meant that Thursday was unofficially labeled Temper Tantrum Thursday due to pretty much every student losing it at some point during the day.  In case you're wondering, the day before a major storm brings barometric changes which seems to affect autistic children more than others.  Thankfully only one child had a tantrum in which he flipped a table over.  Not a desk, mind you, but one of those round tables where five of six students can work at.  Yep, it was that sort of a day.  Thankfully no one was hurt.

Anyway....I have some great news to announce!!!  The first is that this week I finished paying off the last of my credit card debt.  I started accumulating credit card debt shortly after leaving HeadStart in the summer of 2008.  I think at its max, I was @$2,500 in debt.  This may not sound like alot, but when you are maybe making $1500 a month ($950/975 of which is rent), paying off a credit card seems impossible.  God, however, can overcome the impossible.  Over the past 4 years He has shown me how to come up with a plausible monthly plan for paying off the debt, given me the opportunity to transfer my balance to 0% interest cards, and provided extra funds in order to pay off the balance faster.  I am very happy to not have this burden anymore and look forward to hopefully put the money that I've been using for payments into my savings account.

The second announcement is that my brother got engaged this week :).  The wedding will be sometime next June in the Baltimore area.

No comments:

Post a Comment