Monday, August 27, 2012

Why I Still Don't Feel Like a Grown-Up

I seem to have too much time to think.  I guess that's what happens when you're not working much.  Anyway, lately I've been feeling more like a child and less like an adult.  Maybe when I go back to my insane schedule I'll feel like a grown-up again, or at the very least I won't have as much time to think about it! :)

Signs I haven't grown up yet:

- I can sleep in until noon on a Saturday.
- I need my parents' financial support to help pay my bills.
- I still own some of my clothes from high school and can still fit into them.
- If I'm "cooking" for myself chances are I'm eating spaghetti and meatballs.
- If I don't feel like "cooking" chances are I'm eating Chef Boyadee from a can, mac and cheese, soup, or                    
  some sort of frozen dinner.
- I can eat chocolate whenever I want and not have to share.
- I can come home whenever I want to, although if it's after 10pm I usually feel the need to sneak in so that
  I don't wake up my landlady.
- Some days I don't make the bed until the middle of the afternoon.
- I'm still not confident in my curling iron skills or makeup application.  Honestly, if I'm not attending a  
  wedding, chances are I'm not bothering with makeup.
- I still hear the phrases "Can I call you back?  I need to pay the babysitter."  and "Are you going to get your
  degree so you can be a teacher?"
- I'm still scared of the dark, although I've made progress in this area.  I'm not terrified of it anymore :).

No comments:

Post a Comment