Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer To Do List:


- wake up @9am
- take my time reading devotionals, news articles, favorite blogs, and facebook updates
- clean and organize various aspects of my apartment
- visit and/or call friends and catch up on life
- live without a working bathroom sink while it's undergoing repairs
- eat ice cream on a somewhat daily basis
- write
- go to bed @1am

These are the things that most of my days consist of.  Last summer was a whirlwind of activity as I worked, moved, unpacked, and went on dates with Ray.  This summer seems like the complete opposite.  July hasn't provided much work outside taking care of the boys and while I make decent money doing that, it isn't quite enough (hence why I have a 2nd job) and so I find myself once again holding my breath while I wait to see how God will provide the rent due next week.

This post isn't meant as a means of whining though.  Yes, my life has significantly slowed down and funds are low.  Yes, there are times when I'm bored out of my mind.  Yes, there are times when I berate myself for how unmotivated I feel like being.  However, through this time I am learning the value of slowing life down and being content with what I've been given.  I'm learning how to be refreshed.   After all, it will be all too soon that my days will start early, settle into a chaotic rhythm, and end late; when I'll have difficulty finding time to do the dishes or too tired to put a coherent sentence together and I'll long for these days that I once deemed "boring".

No comments:

Post a Comment