Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March Update

Goodness, it's hard to believe that we're 3 weeks away from Easter break.  The warm weather is definitely helping though!  We've had extra recess nearly every day for the past week in addition to having music classes outside. 

Although the weather is cooperating I wish I could say things at school were going as smoothly.  Before I get into prayer requests though, I'll start with the praises :)

1. The Spanish speaking kindergarten student who used to run away has been very cooperative and more talkative lately.

2. My dyslexic student got an 80% on her last spelling test which was a huge accomplishment for her.

3. K has been initiating 4 word sentences with the correct word order.  For example, he now says "Can I clean up?"  instead of "clean up?" or "can clean I up?"

Prayer Requests:

1. C. is continuing his agressive behavior to the point that at his meeting on April 2nd there will be a discussion as to placing him in an ED (emotionally disturbed) school.  In addition to threats, C. has also been telling the boys in our class that it's ok to love other boys, kiss them, and marry them.  Some of the boys agree and others don't.  It's a touchy subject to address since C.'s dads are getting married this summer.

2. My dyslexic student has been revealing alot about her home life.  Unfortunately the school psychologist has already called CPS once and the mom got very upset, so there is alot of hesitation to call them again.  Today my student came to school at noon all by herself in a taxi.  Mom had given the driver some money in advance.  This 8 years old girl has 3 other siblings by 2 other fathers.  Both her mom and dad are severely learning disabled and mom got pregnant with her oldest daughter (now 11yrs old) when she was 14.  Please pray that this lovely girl doesn't go down the same road and that she gets the help she so desperately needs.

3. The budget is being presented tonight so by tomorrow we'll know how many teachers and assistants will get laid off this year.  My guess is that I'll be one of them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment