Thursday, February 23, 2012

Vacation

This week I've been on vacation.  I was recently asked what I do when I have some free time - which is very rare.  I used to spend vacations traveling, but I haven't been able to do that in years.  So, in case you're also curious how I spend a week off, here's what I've done so far: sleep in until 9 or 10am, go to the mall, go to the doctor for a routine checkup, schedule another dr appt, call Albany and try to figure out how to apply for a time extension on my literacy certificate, watch movies, clean, babysit, tutor, apply for jobs starting in September, attempt to catch up with friends, and read.  Just to clarify the cleaning bit - I do clean on a regular basis, but the cleaning I do on vacation involves dusting, mopping, vacuuming up cobwebs, and putting snowmen decorations away; a process that also invloves organizing the crawl space housing all things seasonal :(.  It's not highly exciting, but it has been very nice to go at a more leisurely pace instead of the constant running around I normally do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment