Saturday, October 1, 2011

What I've been up to lately

I haven't been writing too much about my life lately.  For anyone interested, here are some "snapshots" of my life.

Job: I'm back working at the elementary school with 1st-3rd grade autistic/special needs children.  It's basically the same class as last year.  I work with the same teacher and assistants.  For the most part it's been a very smooth transition back and I've actually been able to see some growth in the students.  A separate kindergarten autistic/special needs class has been added to the school.  We go to lunch and gym with them.  Gym days are by far the more exhausting of my days as the kids give me quite a workout!

I continue to babysit Jeremy in the afternoons.  He's made so much progress since I began working with him 2 years ago!  He's now in the 4th grade and loves school.  He still doesn't love hw, but will do half of it while I'm there without having a temper tantrum.  He's moved on from going to social group and occupational therapy to tennis and counseling.  He used to throw really bad temper tantrums when going out places, especially OT.  These days he's very willing to come with me and can handle the ride without the aide of his ds or ipod.  He's also become more independent and flexible when it comes to plans changing.  The hardest part of my evening is when his brother (who just started kindergarten) comes home.  That's when I have to make sure both of them are playing nicely or separated until dinnertime.

Health:   Generally I've been in pretty good health.  This week probably isn't the best example since I had two migraines and a stomach bug that landed me in bed for 36 hours.  Aside from that my migraines have been very minimal and I've had enough energy to handle my very busy days.

Dating Life: No complaints :).  We're reaching the 7 month mark.  Most of our time is spent hanging out and watching a movie or talking over coffee at the end of the day.  My favorite times are when he cooks me dinner.

Family: My dad retired at the end of June.  It's a good thing too because due to the stress he needs his mitral valve replaced.  This month he'll have a stress test and then the doctors and my parents will figure out when his surgery will be.  Right now they're on a cruise and then they'll be visiting my aunt and uncle in Texas. 

Free Time:  Hmmm...what's that? :)  When I do have some time to myself I'm usually out for a walk, talking on the phone with friends, or visiting with friends.  Oh...and cleaning :p.  Not usually my favorite thing to do, but I love the end result!

No comments:

Post a Comment