Thursday, March 10, 2011

Since college I have moved 4 times - all of which have been my choice. I am beginning the process of starting a 5th move. This time it isn't my choice. My landlords have decided to sell their house. Currently they are deciding as to whether I need to move out before they start showing the house in April or if they want me to stay on as their tenant until the house sells (whenever that is) and hire a cleaning lady for the whole house to make sure it stays in "show" condition.

I have already started looking for apartments, but the options are slim right now. I don't know how long I'll have to pack, or how much I should be packing. Not that it matters since I don't have any boxes yet. The only thing I can do right now is clean and de-clutter - never a bad process even if a move wasn't impending. And pray - for guidance as to the right place, the right timing, the time needed to clean/organize/pack, the strength/motivation to move once again, and the financial resources necessary to undo some of my cats' damage to my current apartment as well as afford a new place.

I recently read the following in a devotional: "Desperate dependence is where you surrender, not to the circumstances or to loss, but to God. Desperate dependence is the place where we can stop living by our own power. It's where we discover God's strength in and through us."

Today I'm depending on Him....and looking forward to seeing how He will work everything out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment